I’m a life coach, writer, and a lover of travel, good wine, colorful hair, and my brand new cello. I’ve written the Digging Deep Toolbox, showing people how to overcome the bullshit that keeps them stuck and unable to create the lifestyle they REALLY want. Complete with Bucket Lists that actually get finished and relationships with more laughing than fighting.
I like to challenge people’s assumptions, nudge them out of their cushy little comfort zones, and help them confront their preconceived notions about how life “should be lived”, as well as their inner demons. I also have a knack for causing Happy Tears and Aha moments. #fave
Basically, I want to help people enjoy the ever-loving shizz out of their life. I want to show them why all their beliefs and fears are whack, and are truly the only damn obstacles to overcome. (Okay, I also want to help you overcome some of the practical obstacles, like “how do I parent a human being without being a flaming butthole all the time” or “how do I afford to knock off every last hurray on my list” or “what do I say to my mom when she cries because I quit my job to travel South America.” But those obstacles are usually a cinch – or even cease to exist – once you deal with the big obstacles. Pinky swear.)
That’s what my own life is about – embracing change, adventure, pee-my-pants laughter and excitement, and soul scorching love. Growing, evolving, experiencing everything I can.
“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” ― Émile Zola
And inspiring you to do the same.
If you go back through my blog archives, you’ll see how I got here. You’ll see me talking about life and health and living out of the social norm, about learning without school and a little thing I call Organic Parenting, about some wild and fun choices, and some really hard ones. You’ll see me sharing my spiritual practice through the miraculous and utterly moronic, through life, death, new cars, mixed media art, and people watching. You’ll see me get deep and raw and emotional.
I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living. – Anaïs Nin
Then I’ll drop an irreverent F Bomb (because some things are just better illustrated with expletives) and remind you that Life is a ridiculous game, and you had better be elbow-deep playing in it. #partyonWayne #partyonGarth
It’s all part of the process, m’love, and you’ll find the same thing.
If you want to live an unconventionally (*ahem* organically) wonderful life, you’re going to get to examine and shift damn near everything in yours. But let’s make the experience amazeballs as we go, shall we?
Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to. -Alan Keightley
A few more things to know about me:
- I will always make goofy faces if you stick me in front of a camera.
- I’m a Type 4 (Enneagram), HSP, ambivert (look it up), and my Love Language is a tossup between Quality Time and Acts of Service (rub my feet and kill two birds with one stone!).
- I’ve overcome major depression, 3 suicide attempts, and the worst of all – losing my authenticity (and my colors…don’t worry, I got them back).
- I traveled the US full-time for 4 years, and now intend to see the world.
- I’m the parent of one of the smartest teenagers I’ve ever met. He’s about 10 years more mature than me (about 30 more than my husband) and reminds us often.
- I live on the snow white beaches of the Florida panhandle. No, it’s not Eastern time here.
- I’m a chameleon and a paradox. I fit in anywhere and see all sides. Variety isn’t the spice of life. It’s the meat and potatoes, bitches.
- I heart Carl Jung. Hard.
- I got the name “Organic Sister” from my step-dad. It fits in more ways than one. I’ll let you discover how.
- I have more health issues than underwear, but seeing as how I’m awesome in every other way, I figure it’d be unfair to have it all. 😉
- I love art, music, and dance. I don’t like cooking or doing the dishes (the stuff in the drain – ewwwww).
- I don’t wear dresses. Ever. I only just bought a pair of high heels, and I only wear them places where I’ll be sitting for long periods of time. And I can’t do my eyeliner to save my life. Apparently I missed all the Girl Lessons growing up. I must’ve been too busy climbing trees.
- My biggest fear in life? That colorless existence of doing what you “should do” because that’s what we’re told to do, ending up with a boring eulogy, and not leaving a dent on the world.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S. Thompson